Tuesday, August 8, 2017

My Review for 'ROAR' by Cora Carmack

29939048


I have not read any of Cora Carmack’s previous books. I have seen her adult romances around and came close to buying one once, but did not commit to it. However, I am glad that I committed to reading this one. Roar is Cora Carmack’s first book written for the YA Fantasy genre and my first taste of her writing style.

The introduction to this vast fantasy world and its history was quite original and imaginative. There were many various characters introduced from the start that took some time to follow along and build a connection with. But most of the story and its arc followed along with the character Roar (Aurora). Although we did get some mention and details of some other characters origins, it was hinted that there was more to be told about certain characters. And with such a vast world and power system, I know I’m going to enjoy reading their stories in future instalments.

Although, it took a little time and patience before I really got into this book, I did find that the plot was well paced and thought out. Granted, it took me nearly three and a half weeks to finally finish this book due to my busy schedule, I was easily able to remember where I was up to in the story and thoroughly ended up enjoying it.

This book was one of my most anticipated reads for 2017 and I’m so glad I found the time to read it and that it held up to my expectations. After reading Roar I really want to read another of Cora’s former work. Let me know which of her other books you’d recommend for me to read next!

But seriously, Roar was an easy five star read for me.

View all my review


Follow Cora Carmack on...
Twitter: @CoraCarmack
Instagram: @coracarmack
Website: http://www.coracarmack.com/

ROAR available now from...
Australia
- Booktopia
- Angus & Robertson Bookworld
- Fishpond

International
- Book Depository
- Wordery

Publisher: Tor Teen
Source: May 2017 Fairyloot box
Book format: Physical copy, Hardback


My Socials
Email: elzar_valdivia@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment